Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Make your own Whipped Beauty Butter.

I have a great recipe for whipped beauty butter. I am not calling it body butter because this recipe can safely be used from head to toe. The ingredients are the purest you will ever use and it costs a fraction of what you would pay in the stores...without the preservatives, colorants or chemical based fragrances. This would be a great item to have on hand during the winter months.

I have naturally curly hair, and it's dry by nature. I find that this beauty butter sinks right into my hair, giving my curls definition. Also use it as a moisturizer under my make-up. I normally couldn't do this with store bought butters, but I can with this recipe as the ingredients are all raw and have never been touched by heat.

Now with that being said, every ones skin/hair is different so your needs will dictate how long your beauty butter will last.




The Recipe:
  1. 1/2 cup Raw Shea Butter
  2. 1/4 cup Raw Coconut Oil
  3. 10-15 drops Ylang Ylang Essential oil (optional)
  4. Hand Mixer
Since the oils are raw, they are in it's purest form. There are many ways you can melt the ingredients. I personally prefer melting them in a hot water bath. I place my ingredients into a glass bowl and immerse it in a hot water bath. I take it out when it's almost fully melted.
Then mix the ingredients with a hand mixer for 5 minutes and let it rest for 5 minutes. Mix it again for 5 minutes and let it rest for another 5 minutes. If you like essential oil add it to your mixture at this stage and mix it again for 5 more minutes. Done.

This recipe yields 8 oz (or 1 cup) beauty butter. Have fun with it!
All the best,
Marnie
http://www.whatsupwithred.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Widge said...

that's fantastic! thanks for sharing your secrets. I'm loving your blog too :)

Cal said...

Thanks - great for Christmas presents. x

Marnie said...

Thanks Widge, I'm enjoying your blog too :o)

Thanks Cal. I was thinking the same thing. On the look-out for some pretty jars!