Friday, October 9, 2009

Canadian Thanksgiving

I'm from Canada and our Thanksgiving holiday is fast approaching...October 12th! Though it's officially on a Monday, most of us will call it Thanksgiving Weekend. The Americans celebrate their Thanksgiving in November.

I personally love this time of year. We get together with friends and family over a big dinner (usually turkey) and have a good time. The Autumn leaves have turned color and the fireplaces are up and ready. It's also a time of reflection on what you are thankful for...thus the name Thanksgiving.

It's an old holiday here in North America and it got me wondering....is there a similar holiday throughout the world? One where thanks is given? I would love to hear about it.

I myself am very thankful for my husband, daughter, family and friends (new and old). They are a comfort and joy. Whatever you are doing this weekend, I hope it's a great one.

Cheers,
Marnie

http://www.whatsupwithred.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
From your fellow Canadian Sister!

Womans World Magazine said...

In Australia we dont have anything like thanksgiving it sounds like a fantastic holiday though!

Marnie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Cat!

Pressure Washing Sunrise Manor said...

This was a lovely blog poost