Thursday, October 1, 2009

Today's the Day of Autumnal Giggling!

It's one of those mornings.
No, not the kind where your alarm mysteriously takes a vacation when you're sure you set it and the water in the shower is perpetually cold and traffic is miserable.
Not one of those mornings.
This is the exact opposite.
This is even more rare.

I woke up this morning and the covers were the exact temperature they should be. The bed was supporting my body everywhere it needed to be supported. Sure, it was raining outside (again....welcome to Southeast Alaska!), but the raindrops actually sounded kind of cool outside the window. My usually-grumpy-in-the-morning husband was actually chipper this morning--perhaps a sign that I should be on the lookout for the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, but I'll think about that later--and went off to work almost on time.

And me?
I'm sitting here, still under the covers (still the perfect temperature) and feeling mischievous.

What should I do today, on this first day of October? I'll admit, I think what's got me in this mood is the fact that it is fall. Delicious, beautiful, amazing fall. It's a time for apple cider, falling leaves, and the cutest wardrobe of the entire year.

What do I want to wear today?
Something that will make me giggle in self-satisfaction at work when customers aren't looking, definitely.
What do I want to do today?
Something that will make me giggle in child-like joy, definitely.

Oh yes, today is a day to giggle. Not in a teenage, "I-just-saw-my-favorite-teen-heartthrob" kind of way, but in an adult, "I-just-did-something-that-polite-society-would-consider-immature-and-I-loved-it" kind of way.

And so I challenge you, lovely ladies of Woman's World Magazine,
to make today your own Autumnal Giggling Day!
Since we're all reading this from around the world, I know it won't be autumnal for all of you, but perhaps the first of October is the best day of Spring where you are!

Here's what you need to do:
1. No matter what hemisphere you're in, play this at some point in the day, preferably at the beginning.
2. Go to your closet, pick out the thing that you think is prettiest, and wear it. Love it. Enjoy it. Chances are it's a twirly skirt. Twirl as much as physically possible today.
3. Smile at at least one person you don't know. For optimal effect, do it on a public transit system right as you sit down. It will leave them wondering during the whole ride.
4. Also, pick out a piece of jewelry you own that means something to you. Maybe it's the bracelet your grandmother gave you. Or the macaroni necklace your child made for you. Or the first piece of jewelry your significant other ever gave you. Or a big splurge purchase you made for yourself with a particularly awesome paycheck. Don't wear it. Put it in your pocket. Or, wear it, but wear it in a way that no one will see, like under a bulky sweater. Pick it up at random points throughout the day and smile at the memories it contains as well as the fact that no one else around you even knows it's there.
5. If possible, dance down a hallway to Madonna's "Material Girl", either playing in your head or on a real sound system.

Have fun, ladies!
And let me know how it goes.
:)

Blessings,
Cindy

4 comments:

MaricrisG said...

Looks like a fun challenge. Let's see if I can pull one off today. Wish me luck!

Womans World Magazine said...

I like you are reading this in bed and am about to start my day I cant wait! =) Its sounds like such a fun way to spend today!

Womans World Magazine said...

I wore my twirly skirt it made my day! LOVED IT oh and I got many smiles back from strangers!

How did your day go??

Womans World Magazine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.