Thursday, October 29, 2009

Peachy Pork Picante = BANGING

I was flipping through an old cook book my mom gave me when I got my first apartment a few years back, when I came across this recipe that immediately caught my eye. I was looking in the pork section (me likey pork! the other white meat!) for something easy that wouldn't require a lot of ingredients (thus saving me money). I decided the recipe for Peachy Pork Picante was easy enough and looked like it would produce enough left-overs to supply me lunch for work over the next few days. It also fits into my low-glycemic diet pretty well! And, yes, I did just start 3 sentences in a row with "I".

Here's the recipe:

  • 1 lb. boneless pork loin
  • 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (I ended up having to use more)
  • 2 tablespoons parsley minced (again, I used more)
  • 2 teaspoons veg. oil
  • 8 oz. chunky salsa
  • 1/4 cup peach preserves
--Ok, so you cut the pork loin into 1 inch cubes.
--combined the taco seasoning and parsley
--coat the pork cubes in the seasoning mixture by rolling em around in it. This is where the extra taco seasoning mix and parsley comes in (for me at least)
--brown the pork (bout 4-5 min) on medium-high heat
--add the salsa and peach preserves to the meat and let simmer

T'was so sooooo yummy!

*LIA*

3 comments:

Marnie said...

I'll bet it was good. I'm now hungry...lol!

Ana Degenaar said...

That sounds sooooo delicious! I need to give it a try!

Lia said...

I'm gonna make it again soon because it was so delish! For some reason I recently became obsessed with pork...very odd lol.