Friday, October 23, 2009

Making bubbles - Shaving Soap

Last weekend I attended a soap making workshop. It was a lot of fun. We used melt and pour soap for the craft. I will eventually learn the art of making soap from scratch, but for a beginner, this was a great starting point.

At the seminar, we learned a lot of creative ways to make soap. The possibilities are endless. You can make your soap as pretty or plain as you like. I liked the fact our melt and pour soap was vegetable based. It's glycerin based too so it's also very hydrating, not to mention it's not loaded with the amount of preservatives that traditional store bought soaps have. As I am on a quest to decrease the amount of preservatives I use in my life this is a good thing. Another nice thing is that you have control over what colorants and scents are added.




We often think of soaps for general cleaning or as a feminine item...at least I'm guilty of that notion. However the instructor gave out a great idea for men. Shaving Soap. Nice!

There would be fewer preservatives and ingredients compared to shaving foam. It would also be a great gift idea for someone who is difficult to buy for. It's a simple item so regardless if you make it yourself or buy some, it would be a well thought out gift. It might also make the shaving ritual for men a little bit more fun. To get into the spirit of things, click here for a great video on how to use shaving soap. I like the idea so much, I'm even thinking about making one for my legs. Cheers!



All the best,

Marnie

2 comments:

Duchess of Tea said...

Hello darling, so nice of you to visit my cottage and for the sweet words you left behind, much appreciated. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your good wishes and prayers. I am one lucky girl to have such caring and loving circle of friends, you truly are the gem in my teacup. You have an interesting blog and a new follower….me, I am now going to go stroll around your lovely blog. I am looking forward to many more visits….
Love & Hugs
Duchess

Anonymous said...

Perscription Medication Expiration Date
http://touchup123.com/ - adipex online Because of the side effects, some of a more serious nature, Adipex – P is not a medication that most doctors will prescribe as a first course of action. [url=http://touchup123.com/]cheap adipex 37.5[/url]